David P. Weimer
Attorney at Law, is the principal in the law firm of Weimer Law Firm LLC. Dave specializes in business and estate planning, as he enjoys helping clients preserve their family wealth through the use of wills, trusts, family limited partnerships, corporations and a variety of other legal entities.
Dave grew up in Cuyahoga Falls and graduated with honors from Cuyahoga Falls High School. He then went on to Denison University, where he graduated with honors in political science. Dave earned his law degree from the University of Akron in 1985. He lives in the City of Green with his wife, Tonya, and their four children.
Dave is a member of numerous local, state and national bar associations. He is also a past-president of the Summit County Children Services Board and has volunteered at the Green YMCA and Green Chamber of Commerce.
Weimer Law Firm LLC can help you with business and estate planning; elder law services. including medicaid and nursing home planning; wills, trusts and probate issues; real estate; asset protection; business law and corporate law. We also offer personal injury litigation and business litigation services.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio (J.D. Awarded in May, 1985)
- Denison University, Granville, Ohio (B.A. Political Science with Honors Awarded in 1973)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
- Akron Bar Association – Probate Law Section
- Foundation for Summit County’s Abused and Neglected Children, Board Member Summit County Children’s Services Board (Former Board President)
- YMCA, City of Green, Board Member
- Wills for Heroes Program- Akron Bar Association
In the area of estate planning, Weimer Law provides simple, or customized wills depending upon the client’s circumstances. If the client wishes to avoid probate, a number of options are available learn more.
Weimer Law handles all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases involving automobile and truck accidents, motorcycle and bicycle accidents, pedestrian injuries, premises liability cases, dog bites, medical malpractice and environmental torts click hear to learn more.
Long term care costs are not covered by Medicare or regular health insurance. Privately paying for nursing home costs is often not a sustainable option. Long term care insurance policies are rare and may only partially covert monthly costs. Learn more about your options.
Why Choose Us
David serves a variety of clients who are interested in wealth preservation by designing estate plans, which minimize probate involvement, ensure privacy, and eliminate or minimize federal and state taxes. David also serves his clients in the area of asset protection by the formation of various legal entities, including:
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs)
- C and S Corporations
- Irrevocable life Insurance Trusts
- Offshore Trusts
We also offer a variety of other techniques to preserve and protect family wealth. We offer numerous estate planning tools, including:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Nominations of Guardian to Avoid Probate Guardianship
- Funding of Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts Through the Use of Assignments, Transfers of Interest and Real Property Transfers
David also serves clients in need of personal injury representation and has over 25 years of experience in handling automobile accidents, trucking accidents, railroad crossing accidents, workplace injuries and injuries sustained due to environmental factors, such as landfills. David also has experience in wrongful death cases, brain injury cases, sexual abuse cases and cases pursuing remuneration for a variety of other severe and debilitating injuries.
David also handles commercial litigation involving real estate, foreclosure, business transactions and disputes involving the mishandling of client’s brokerage accounts. Employment matters have been resolved successfully for both employers and employees.